Monday, September 12, 2005

Cannon Valley Trail

Me boyfriend and I went on the 20-mile (we went 40 miles round trip) Cannon Valley Trail that is a converted rail bed between Cannon Valley and Red Wing. For some reason, a reason that seems ridiculous now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, I thought that this trail would be especially hilling and challenging since we were going to the river town of Red Wing, a city known for their rugged bluffs untouched by the glaciers. The trail was very tranquil, well-maintained, with a slight elevation increase from Red Wing to Cannon Falls (duh, because it was built for a train). The part near Welch was really un-Minnesota-like (or at least the Minnesota that I've known). The only unsettling part of the entire afternoon was that we rode past a rifle range that was conveniently located along the trail. I would have shit myself if there were anyone actually patronizing the range. The line of fire was at an unsettling acute angle with the trail. I'm sure that was fine when the railroad was going through, but I let my imagination run wild and pedalled my ass away!!

As I was pedalling into Red Wing, I was reminded how much I miss riding into a city on the train. It was cool that one can experience that on a bike as well.

My Hefeweizen is working out. It is carbonated for the most part and quite refreshing.

No comments: