Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I need wind pants

I'm pretty comfy riding now with my socks and a system for the top that includes wicking, insulation, and wind resistance. Now I have to figure out the bottom half. Having done some winter running and skiing I thought that I could use those techniques. For the most part that is ok; my insulating fat on my legs keep me pretty warm. Only right behind my knees, I have been experiencing ice crystalization. Perhaps the wind pants are the answer. I bought a pair of deeply discounted fleece pants from REI this week and I'll try them tomorrow to see how it works.

1 comment:

song 2 the siren said...

It doesn't help that the Greenway acts like a wind tunnel sometimes. The cold air gets whipping down it and it feels like riding in Anarctica must feel.