Monday, July 17, 2006

Rhodes Car finally "roaden"

I finally got to try the Rhoades Car that my dad purchased to be car-free in small town North Dakota. If you will recall, it is a 4-wheeled bike with a boat seat and a plastic case on the back for a trunk. In person it looks like a really early automobile, with only a chassis.

I rolled out of my dad's short acute angle of a driveway. As I turned out of the driveway to left, the right wheel hovered over the pavement. I tried to pick up speed, but it seemed a little sluggish, not used to trying to pull around so much bike. As I turned left again, I had more control. I tried to do a yooie and found that the turn radius was really dull.

I personally found a lot a play with the steering and the wheels. I'll investigate and see if it needs adjustment. I read the user manual and it wasn't very illuminating. It recommended to take the car into a professional to change a flat.

No comments: