Sunday, April 01, 2007

sweater for my sister

I knitting Belle Epoque presented in the Winter 04 issue of knitty.com. My friend (who introduced me to Knitty so long ago) and I are finding these last few issues exposing us to really grotty designs so I'm sifting through the archives to expand my knitting repertoire. This is how it looks on the designer.
I've been researching her other designs and found that she is relatively flat chested. As my people are quite curvy, I'm hoping this will work out. I'm using Cleakheaton Studio Mohair in a dark rose shade (# 19). Once I started knitting with it, I realized that was just a tish more rosy than her tea cozy. But I also noticed that she was wearing a scarf with a similar color so I'm a little less worried that it won't suit her.
I was misunderstanding the lace pattern instructions to the point where I thought that I was going insane. Somehow I figured it out at last yesterday afternoon, much to the relief of the boyfriend who no longer needed to suffer from expletive outburts every few minutes.

No comments: