Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Winter bike ride; new folding bike

I think that I just recovered from Thanksgiving about a half an hour ago. My ride home was filled with adrenaline. Before the holiday I put my gangly winter bike in my U of M bike locker to get it out of the way so that I could cram more friends and relatives into my apartment. So yesterday I thought that I would rescue the bike from being locked up for a record amount of time, but the lock was frozen.

Today, really itching to ride, I slammed up against the door a number of times and it worked. The hobbit-sized door opened like butter. The adrenaline started rushing when I found that there were spots along the Greenway-Hiawatha route that were sheets of ice. I refuse to get studded tires for me $20 department store junk bike.

My da gave me at folding Dahon Boardwalk bike over Thanksgiving. It feels a little strange, mostly because the handling is so sketchy on the snow and ice, but it is pretty fun and it is really quick to fold down. It is cool. I might actually invest in studded tires for that puppy.

No comments: