Thursday, January 05, 2006

knitting crazy, free beethoven cd's

Last week I actually did a really very "Office Space"-ish thing. I was manning the front desk at my office and I actually started to knit to pass the time because there was nothing going on. No students, no emails, no phone calls (a couple days earlier a young man called who seemed unfamiliar with voice messages. Kati: You called the Center for Writing? Guy: Yah, but no one answered. Kati: You didn't even get a voice message? Guy: Oh, well someone answered, I just couldn't talk to them.)

So, I added a little knitting progress thing in the sidebar. Pretty cool.

I've started on a hat for my roommate. He has a yellow winter jacket with gray accents so I'm making him a gray hat with dark blue accents. I like that he will remind people of the new Guthrie or IKEA. Will it make people realize that the new Guthrie looks like IKEA? At Christmas my boyfriend's mom served scrambled eggs in a beautiful dark blue bowl. I immediately thought of IKEA.

If you go to the Orchestra on your way to work this morning, they are giving out pastries and Beethoven CD's.

My transmission is toast. Luckily I have rainy day money. Money for that weird rainy day on Tuesday when I took my car into be looked at.

No comments: