Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pretending to be a grad student

I'm enrolling in urban and regional planning courses this fall as a non-degree-seeking student. Yes. I didn't get into the Master's program at the U of MN's Humphrey Institute for Fall 2008. I am optimistic. Instead of emailing me and telling me exactly no and don't bother us again, the director emailed me and told me that the committee encourages me to take a few courses and if I'm successful, I should reapply. She also explained that they are keeping my application open, and will not have to fully reapply for next year.

So I'm definitely going to take PA 5211 Land Use Planning. It meets before work and the course guide description is really exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kati.
I hope that all goes well with your new class. The topic sounds very interesting. When you are not crazy busy with a million PR projects, I'd love to hear how it's going. --candance