Sunday, February 13, 2005

Mark Dayton... uff da

I woke up early this morning and found myself watching the rebroadcast of "Almanac" on tpt over cinnamony coffee (a concoction that my dad invented during his last visit) and peanut butter toast.
I have always liked Mark Dayton. There was just something about him that made him stand out when I watched the panel debates in 2000. I think that it was the way that he listened and tried to discuss instead of just spouting his own rhetoric in the cacophony of everyone else. Today I learned that he graduated from college and started teaching in innercity NYC. And that he overcame alcoholism (a part of me that is still pretty prejudiced against rich people makes me curious about why that wasn't brought up more in 2000). And that he was proud to be on the Nixon Enemy List. They quoted him in the seventies saying that he wanted the fact that he was on the List on his tombstone. My co-worker's knee-jerk reaction to him is that he is a wimp. She is also a great admirer of Reagan (she has a Reagan calendar up on the lee side of her cubicle to me, very smart).

No comments: