Wednesday, February 23, 2005

one day at a time

I was watching a few vignettes of the "One Day at a Time" reunion last night on channel 4. I was surprised to find out that the names of the daughters are the same as a friend of mine and her sister who don't have any other sisters and their parents divorced. And they were born in the late 70's and early 80's.

I found out that my high school's secretary doesn't understand what "certified" means. I asked them for a certified copy of my HS diploma for Germany and they said that they don't keep copies of diplomas and that "my dad should have my diploma". I explained that I actually had the diploma but that if I send copy it at Kinko's and send it to him, it would not be "certified". Needless to say even after she sent out my official transcript with a cover letter explaining everything, she still emailed me explaining that it should be certified because it was signed.

The only reason that I'm contacting my old high school is that German needs some kind of proof of a high school diploma and fill in the gaping hole left by not having an Abitur.

1 comment:

SunPath said...

Sad that I don't watch TV anymore really and so missed this reunion. I also missed the Happy Days reunion which was on a few months ago...