Sunday, February 20, 2005

tenacious drunk?

My roommate and I were chilling in our living room last night. He, watching Star Trek intently; Me, knitting my neck gaitor with furvor because it was snowing and snowing means xc skiing.

We hear a loud crunch sound that doesn't at all resemble the crunch of icy snow. Out of our 3rd-story window we see that a little blue sporty sedan was struggling against a tree that it had just smashed against. Not only that, we followed the tire tracks back and see that it had first completely knocked down a telephone pole. While we were still at the window, the little car squirms its way back onto the street and shoots off.

Now there is a telephone pole lying across our apartment building's carriage drive. Yes, our building reminds everyone of Tara and now with the downed pole, it looks like the Union troops had their way with us. My boyfriend and I are going to put up sticks to mark the location of the pole because it is now submerged in snow.

1 comment:

SunPath said...

I laughed out loud at this and so loudly that it was not even to just write "LOL!"
I love your characterization of the little car struggling and squirming and the description of your apt building being like Tara (I think I subliminally had thought that too).

Dave is watching Craig Claiborne and Pierre Franey - The Master Cooking Course, as a prelude to watching "Dogma" later on.

"Add one cup of potatoes..."