Friday, February 18, 2005

Most puzzling dilemna all day

At Target today (make it rhyme) I was completely befuddled in the electric toothbrush isle. I have been thinking of buying a low-end Oral B toothbrush for a while now. I found the exact one that I wanted, the AdvancePower 950TX. I was pleasantly surprised that it was only $21. I was about to skip away with my purchase when something caught my eye. Right next to the classic recognizable light blue and white toothbrush of my youth that I had selected was a sparkly-glittery one that claimed to give you 3 mp3 downloads. There were actually people on the package. But they weren't brushing; they were crazy raver kids. Upon further examination I found that they were exactly the same toothbrush. They were identical twins, only one was wild and hip. Should I buy the juvenile sparkly brush that is $2 cheaper or should I get the more adult respectable brush that I could use far into old age (if these contraptions even make it that far). Who was this brush marketed too? Why didn't they try to trick the young kids with gabs of disposable income into bying the more expensive one. Were there people that would spend the extra 2 dollars to remain respectable?

Then it came to whether the sparkly brush would make me more immature. Then I realized that the most mature thing was to buy the cheap sparkly brush and be done with it. It is resting in my bathroom recharging as I type.

1 comment:

SunPath said...

I think they were trying to market to young people with less disposable income (like us...) - do ravers really have any more money than anyone else?

What was up with the mp3 downloads? did you get them in the end?